As I left my house this morning I noticed that someone had been to my door (and every door in the neighborhood) and left stuff. When I returned home I went to see what kind of prizes I had won. It took me about 1 second to figure out that it was the Republican Party – here’s what they left:
- Orrin Hatch – Senate
- I have just repeated his entire message. Apparently he has nothing to say for himself – I checked both sides just to be sure I was not missing anything.
- STRIKE 1
- I was tempted to go around the neighborhood and remove the “Orrin Hatch” card from my neighbors’ doors.
- LaVar Christensen – 2nd Congressional District
- All he has to say about himself is “I won’t just go along to get along in Congress.” Sadly, the rest of his handout is “Democrats might take over Congress and make Nancy Pelosi the Speaker of the House.” As much as I disagree with Rep. Pelosi on many issues, I am not casting my vote against her or anyone else. Too bad I know nothing about LaVar.
- STRIKE 2
- Ken Sumsion – district 56 (state congress)
- Ken sounds like a nice guy who might make a good representative. I may vote for him depending on who else is running.
- BALL 1
The moral of this story is Give me a reason to vote for you – otherwise I won’t. The Republican Party almost struck out with me. We’ll see if they get one more strike before November 7th.